A Dialogue Between Philo and Sophia in the Living Room
The following is a dialogue between the two young thinkers Philo and Sophia in their living room.
Philo: Look, Sophia! There's a fairy sitting right next to you!
Sophia: No there is not! I don't see the fairy, you must be lying Philo, or making a joke. There is no fairy sitting next to me!
Philo: No, I'm telling the truth, there's a fairy sitting right next to you. I can see her!
Sophia: You can't be serious, Philo. There isn't any fairy sitting next to me. But then again, I see your face, I see your eyes. I see how serious you look. This is not how you look when you are kidding, Philo, this not how you look when you are lying, Philo.
Philo: No, yes, you're right! I'm definitely not lying or kidding right now Sophia, look, oh look! She's flying in the air now, dancing above your head! Twirling, twirling, dancing, dancing.
Sophia: You don't seem to be lying or kidding. But how can what you say be true? I cannot see the fairy, I can neither feel her, hear her, taste her, or sense her in any sort of way at all! But you're not kidding, I can see that, neither are you lying, I can see that. I can see that boyish light in your eyes, that lovely light, that joyful light, shining, sparkling, as you see the fairy dance and move. That otherworldly sight. No, I don't believe you are lying or kidding, Philo, but I just can't sense this fairy. Perhaps you have been taking drugs? Perhaps you are schizophrenic? Have some mental disease?
Philo: No Sophia, I swear that fairy is there. I see her dancing through the air. And even if I did have drugs, even if I was schizophrenic or had some mental disease, who's to say that what I see is not real? It is obvious that only I can sense this fairy, and no one else can. To me, this fairy is real, you cannot deny that. To me this fairy is moving, dancing, singing, talking. There is no way you can deny any of that to me.
Sophia: That is very true, Philo, I understand now. The fairy is there, in your world, obviously, but not mine. That is why I can't sense it. I cannot deny it, there is no way for me to deny it from being real if I cannot sense it. So it must be real, there is no denying it, only I cannot sense it at all, so it is in a different world.
Philo: Truly Sophia, we must all live in separate worlds! Only connecting with each other at certain times! Like this fairy connecting with me, and me connecting with you!
Sophia: You are very right Sophia, and that leaves me wondering. If you can see a fairy in your world, who knows how many other creatures and things are there that we cannot see... Probably an infinite amount, if we go off your idea of the Cosmoses, then there are an infinite amount of these things that we cannot see, and others can see in their own worlds...
Philo: Eureka! Indeed, Sophia, indeed so, you have helped me very much in the development of my philosophy, I cannot thank you enough. Everything is possible, everything is infinite, and everything is real!
Sophia: You are very welcome Philo!
This concludes the dialogue between the two fictional characters of Philo and Sophia. At least, to you all their fictional. To me, I see them every day, sitting in my living room, discussing philosophy. I have noted down this conversation, and all the rest of my philosophy comes from them. I cannot thank them enough! Thank you Philo and Sophia!
Philo: Look, Sophia! There's a fairy sitting right next to you!
Sophia: No there is not! I don't see the fairy, you must be lying Philo, or making a joke. There is no fairy sitting next to me!
Philo: No, I'm telling the truth, there's a fairy sitting right next to you. I can see her!
Sophia: You can't be serious, Philo. There isn't any fairy sitting next to me. But then again, I see your face, I see your eyes. I see how serious you look. This is not how you look when you are kidding, Philo, this not how you look when you are lying, Philo.
Philo: No, yes, you're right! I'm definitely not lying or kidding right now Sophia, look, oh look! She's flying in the air now, dancing above your head! Twirling, twirling, dancing, dancing.
Sophia: You don't seem to be lying or kidding. But how can what you say be true? I cannot see the fairy, I can neither feel her, hear her, taste her, or sense her in any sort of way at all! But you're not kidding, I can see that, neither are you lying, I can see that. I can see that boyish light in your eyes, that lovely light, that joyful light, shining, sparkling, as you see the fairy dance and move. That otherworldly sight. No, I don't believe you are lying or kidding, Philo, but I just can't sense this fairy. Perhaps you have been taking drugs? Perhaps you are schizophrenic? Have some mental disease?
Philo: No Sophia, I swear that fairy is there. I see her dancing through the air. And even if I did have drugs, even if I was schizophrenic or had some mental disease, who's to say that what I see is not real? It is obvious that only I can sense this fairy, and no one else can. To me, this fairy is real, you cannot deny that. To me this fairy is moving, dancing, singing, talking. There is no way you can deny any of that to me.
Sophia: That is very true, Philo, I understand now. The fairy is there, in your world, obviously, but not mine. That is why I can't sense it. I cannot deny it, there is no way for me to deny it from being real if I cannot sense it. So it must be real, there is no denying it, only I cannot sense it at all, so it is in a different world.
Philo: Truly Sophia, we must all live in separate worlds! Only connecting with each other at certain times! Like this fairy connecting with me, and me connecting with you!
Sophia: You are very right Sophia, and that leaves me wondering. If you can see a fairy in your world, who knows how many other creatures and things are there that we cannot see... Probably an infinite amount, if we go off your idea of the Cosmoses, then there are an infinite amount of these things that we cannot see, and others can see in their own worlds...
Philo: Eureka! Indeed, Sophia, indeed so, you have helped me very much in the development of my philosophy, I cannot thank you enough. Everything is possible, everything is infinite, and everything is real!
Sophia: You are very welcome Philo!
This concludes the dialogue between the two fictional characters of Philo and Sophia. At least, to you all their fictional. To me, I see them every day, sitting in my living room, discussing philosophy. I have noted down this conversation, and all the rest of my philosophy comes from them. I cannot thank them enough! Thank you Philo and Sophia!
Comments
Post a Comment