God and the Supernatural Being

This is my first post in this blog called "A Younger Philosopher". I am young - I'm a teen. The reason why I called this blog "A Younger Philosopher" instead of "A Young Philosopher" is because those titles weren't available. Some other person took those names so I know I'm not the only teen interested in philosophy!

This blog will be dedicated to my ideas and thinking that I have thought about through thinking myself and reading about different philosophers. If I have changed my mind in an idea I will say so in a later post. This first blog post will be dedicated to God, the existence of Him (or Her, or It, depending on what religion), and the non-existence of Him/Her/It.

By "ethnicity" I am a Christian - my father is Christian, and my mother had a mother that used to be Christian, and my mother's grandparents were certainly Christian as well. This is why a lot of Christian morals pervades a lot of my thinking, but not all of it, other faiths and philosophies such as Daoism, Hinduism, Confucianism also influences my thought and my ideas.

I think, when I was younger I did believe in a Christian God (so much as a six-year-old can believe in God or any religion), though I thought Him a Her. It must've been because I thought of God as a good person, who cares for people, and I associated that with my mother and mothers in general. But this belief in God soon faded when I was eight and nine and ten, I became an atheist (again, so much as an eight and nine and ten year old can be an atheist). I did not question my belief in God at all, I just took all the surroundings as they were.

But then, sometime when I was ten or eleven or maybe even younger, I said something (I forgot what) to provoke my mother saying this to me (of course, not in exact words): "there isn't really anything that disproves God, neither is there anything that proves God." It was then that I became an agnostic (though I only learned of that term later, from my grandmother, when I was older). There are, of course, many ways one can disprove there being a Christian God, so I expand what she said to a Supernatural Being in general. Not Christian God, or a Muslim God (Allah), or a Jewish God (Yahweh), but just a Supernatural Being in my own thought.

I was aggravated a while after that, wanting to know whether there was a God or no. I wanted there to be a God, as then I could stay in a beautiful paradise in Heaven after death, but I saw no reason for there being a God. I kept asking God to show Himself to me if He were real when I was sleeping. One notable time was when I said in my sleep to God: "if you are real, show yourself to me in my sleep." Of course, God did not show up to me in my sleep in two weeks, but still, I thought of whether God was real or no.

Another notable time I asked whether God was real or not was when I was at a Latvian summer camp, and Latvians are mostly Christian so there was a service or something of the like every week. After that service, I was so distraught as to whether God was real or no, I went to my room immediately afterward, clasped my hands together, kneeling at the side of my bed and started to cry, demanding for God to show Himself to me so I would know whether he was real or not. Several people asked what was wrong, and it looked like I was praying so several people asked me if I was praying or no. I don't remember responding to them - I was too wrapped up with whether God was real or not. I do remember getting rather irritated that someone would think I was praying.

Slowly, I began discovering philosophy - the Love of Wisdom - and my thoughts became more organized and more mature until now.

Now, I have several possible "theories" concerning the nature of God and the Supernatural Being, and whether it exists or not. One of them is that God and all pantheons of gods and religions are all based on Math, and then given personalities, goodness, evilness, etc.. Math is not a god, nor is it God, but Math is math - the entirety of the infinite laws that make up the Multiverse. This is sort of like Hinduism, in which all gods are only parts of one true God. Surprisingly, there are many similarities to Math and God (at least, the Christian God). For example, God is viewed as not able to be understood by humans, which is like Math, as Math is not able to be fully understood by humans either. Again, I do not say that Math is God or a god, Math is just math as we know it today.

My other "theory" is that God is real in that Everything is infinite, as Math is infinite, and so everything is real, and that includes God and all other religions. In this theory, it might be that God doesn't exist in this world or Universe, but lives in some other Plane of Existence.

My final "theory" is that God is a thing that is possible to attain by becoming infinite in size throughout all Time Dimensions and throughout all Space Dimensions, and therefore becoming God, or, one could become God by creating a race of people and creating a place for those creatures to stay in, and then, to that race created, you would be God.

The reason why I wrote "theory" in quotation marks was because I view all of those "theories" to be correct, all at once. This way, God and the Supernatural Being is Math, God and all religions and pantheons of gods are real though perhaps not all in this Plane of Existence or the same Plane of Existence, and that godhood is attainable by humans and living things.

Because of all three "theories" being real, it must mean that there are several different types of Gods. I believe there are two types of Gods: the Mathematical God, and the Physical God. The Mathematical God is the God in the first theory, and the Physical God is the God in the second two theories.

From this, I draw the conclusion that the Mathematical God is undeniably real, but that is not really the type of God in the question: "is God real or no?" The type of God we have in mind when we ask that question is the Physical God.

I also think that the Physical God is undeniably real, but it does not have to be real in our Plane of Existence, in our Universe (or Multiverse, if that scientific theory is correct, which I think it probable that it is correct). So neither are we talking about a Physical God being real in any Plane of Existence when one asks the question: "is God real or no?" When we ask that question, we are talking about the Physical God in our Plane of Existence, in our Universe, in our Multiverse. To that, I say that attaining godhood is certainly possible (at least, over a different species than humans that we have created), but whether God is real right now, at this moment I can only answer by saying: "we don't know," and that "there is no evidence for God and the Supernatural Being being real, and neither is there any evidence against God and the Supernatural Being being real. Therefore, we don't know whether God is real or not." I can only return to agnosticism.

Though I still think it rather unlikely that all the prophets and believers of God or other mythical religions who claimed to have seen God or another supernatural being part of their religion actually saw God or that supernatural being. I think it is more likely that they only had a vision caused by who knows what (a drug, a mental illness, sleep-deprivation, and hunger are all likely answers).

That is how I answer the question: "is God real or no?".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Dialogue Between Philo and Sophia in the Living Room

New Inquiries and a Philosophical Reading List